Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Prep is Key!

I knew going into this week that things were going to be busy. I took Sunday afternoon and did a bunch of food prep for the week.  Its never good to be left searching for food while on the run, (although it is possible to still make healthy choices on the go) it is always better to be prepared ahead of time so there are no excuses.

When all else fails these are some of my go-to recipes and foods to stock up on:

Breakfast - its always easy to throw together an egg type casserole, this is one of my favorites and will last me almost a whole week!  Savory Breakfast Casserole  (I have even substituted the chorizo for ground beef when that was all I had)



For lunch dinner (or both) this is another fav of mine and I also tend to add a little extra of everything (not exactly doubling but making some extra) Balsamic Winter Throw Together Bake I know its not winter but you HAVE to make this.  Also, if you cannot find butternut squash at certain times of the year you can use sweet potatoes or any other root veggies you like.

What else is in my fridge/pantry for this week:
Apples
Avocados
Blueberries
Coconut Milk
Bacon
Canned Salmon
Canned Tuna
Carrot Sticks
Kombucha
and of course Coffee :)

When is your food prep day?  If you don't take time to prep you should try it, makes life much easier when things get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment