Thursday, June 28, 2012

Garage Games 2012

Last weekend I participated in my first Crossfit Competition.  Whew was I nervous.  But I think my nerves actually helped me out, adrenaline kicked in and somehow I made it through.

It was a long day, woke up at 5am and didn't get home till almost 11pm.  But really glad I did it. There were 4 of us from Crossfit Aspire who went to compete and our buddy Eric came to cheer us on!

The Whole Gang...


The day consisted of 3 workouts:

Workout 1:
7 min AMRAP
1000m row
with time left 95lb squat cleans

Workout 2:
5 min AMRAP
10,7,3
75lb Overhead Squat
25lb Weighted Sit up
75lb Sumo Deadlift High Pull

Workout 3:
10 min AMRAP
10 Bar Hop Burpees
25 Double Unders
10 Thrusters (65lb)

I was not as prepared with food and water as I should have been for the actual day.  I did't realize how long the event would be, I should have eaten more.  By workout 3 I was drained.  Lesson learned for next time.




Time to train for the next event: Team Competition July 22nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment